Intermountain Healthcare Nurse Care Mgr-MG - Registered Nurse- Valley View Family Medicine - Cedar City Hospital in Cedar City, Utah
Greater St. George & Cedar City area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Nurse Care Manager works collaboratively with physicians and other members of the health care team to improve the health of patients with chronic conditions or complex needs. This position educates patients and families to help them manage their health care needs. The incumbent facilitates communication, coordinates services, addresses barriers, and promotes optimal allocation of resources while balancing clinical quality and cost management.
Essential Job Duties
General case management
- Responds to physician referrals and identifies patients who meet established criteria for care management (e.g. HgA1c >8, elevated LDL and/or B/P, Mental Health Integration referral, complex resource needs).
- Assesses family, social, cultural characteristics.
- Understands communication needs (e.g., vision, hearing).
- Assesses behavioral and family risk factors.
- Assesses barriers.
- Screens for chronic disease (e.g. depression).
- Reviews patient understanding of medication treatment.
Chronic Disease Management
- Utilizes a working knowledge of established care process models and other applicable standards of care.
- Provides focused patient education using established content and tools.
- Uses clinician approved and appropriately documented standing orders.
- Establishes individualized care plan including treatment goals in collaboration with patient and consistent with medical plan of care.
- Reviews care plan and assesses progress toward treatment goals and barrier at each relevant visit.
Coordination of Care
- Coordinates with care managers in other settings as appropriate.
- Provides information on enabling services (e.g., transportation).
- Maintains list of key community services agencies with contact information.
- Provides information about recommended or available services and contacts.
- Personalized Primary Care.
Support Patient in Self-Management and Behavior Change Using Motivational Interviewing and Coaching
- Assesses readiness to change.
- Assesses and tracks patient capacity for and confidence in self-care.
- Develops self-care plan in collaboration with patient.
- Provides self-monitoring tools.
- Provides or connects patients with support programs.
- Assesses and supports patients in adopting healthy behaviors.
- Assesses and arranges treatment for mental health and substance abuse problems.
Manage Populations, Disease Registries and Preventive Care
- Establishes process to monitor patient adherence to medical plan of care.
- Focuses on prevention measures consistent with established guidelines and care process models
- Reviews and manages quality reports related to chronic disease and prevention
- Supports clinicians in achieving quality incentives.
Team Based Care
- Works collaboratively with referring physician and other members of care team
Personalized Primary Care:
Completes pre-visit planning (review chart before visit, notify patient of tests needed before the visit)
- Facilitates advanced care planning (Advanced Directives). Establishes a process for reminder letters and phone calls.
- Supports clinicians and team to achieve personalized primary care goals.
- Facilitates transitions of care (e.g., unscheduled hospital admissions, emergency department visits, skilled nursing home).
- Tracks status of critical referrals.
- Follows up to obtain report back from referral clinician.
- In collaboration with clinician, establishes written care plan for patients transitioning from pediatrics to adult.
- Provides information on health insurance resources.
- Supervises and supports Health Advocates.
- Attends clinic team meetings and medical home meetings to assist with process design and help resolve team issues.
- Supports development of agenda for team meetings.
- Reviews data summary on regular basis.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: FT, 40hrs/wk.
- Department: Valley View Family Medicine
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN). Education must be obtained from an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
- Current RN license for state in which the nurse practices.
- BLS certification for healthcare providers.
- Three years of clinical nursing experience.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of word processing software.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, monitors, identify equipment and supplies, and be able to assess patient needs.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, etc.
- Experience in case management, utilization review, or discharge planning.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Cedar City Hospital
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Cedar City