Intermountain Healthcare Clinical Operations Manager - Med/Surg in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
This position provides leadership, in collaboration with the Clinical Operations Executive Director, in developing, planning, organizing, implementing, and managing clinical and operational initiatives within the assigned Specialty Based Care (SBC) Operational Lane. This position works and delivers on projects in terms of overall system goals of clinical quality, value, and satisfaction.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible to ensure clinical excellence throughout the clinical operations lane.
- Collaborates with the SBC Executive Director, Senior Medical Director, geographical directors, and the triad leadership in developing assigned goals and initiatives. Takes the lead on implementing and monitoring program goals and initiatives, in collaboration with facility operations, clinicians, physicians, and administration.
- Drives clinical research and helps to emphasize this throughout all program initiatives.
- Collaborates with medical leaders in developing, implementing, and monitoring all goals and initiatives for the assigned development teams, in collaboration with facility/system operations, clinicians, physicians, and administration.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and geographical directors this position leads the process for involving teams and develops and prepares agendas for the applicable team meetings and develops and implements plans to define, measure, and improve quality and optimize the delivery of care throughout the system.
- Works collaboratively across the system to reach our clinical goals in all fundamentals of care.
- Stays well-informed of clinical innovations through local and national networking and acts as a subject-matter expert and resource to others.
- Works with the assigned data manager, analyst, and clinical collaboration leads in collaborating with Information Systems in development and implementing clinical information systems.
- Responsible to create and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Develops rapport and relationships with the medical staff, administration, hospital personnel, and communities in all facilities relative to the assigned clinical operations lane. Serves as a resource for stakeholders.
- Uses the Intermountain operating model to lead or participate in achievement of KPI's and initiatives.
- May be responsible for supervising others and/or leading the work of others who support the operational lane.
- Wage: commensurate with experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full Time
- Master's degree from an accredited university. Either the Bachelor's or Master's degree must be in Nursing. Degree will be verified.
- Active license to practice as an RN in the State of Utahor Licensed Clinical Social Worker or PhD - a BH clinical licensure.
- Ten years of professional experience working in a nursing, Business Administration, or operations role.
- Experience in a leadership role
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail, and scheduling applications.
- Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Five years of experience working in the clinical program area of care or related domains.
- Prior Med/Surg experience
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Murray, US-UT-Salt Lake City