Intermountain Healthcare RN Clinical Expanded Role II - Maternal Fetal Medicine - Intermountain Medical Center in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The RN Clinical Expanded II is responsible for identifying, coordinating, and evaluating projects and assignments. This position provides clinical expertise, consultation, education and research to their designated area or specialty focus. This position serves as a change agent by accepting and facilitating change. The incumbent is proactive and assumes a clinical leadership position.
Essential Job Duties
- Performs appropriate assessment of physical, social, and psychological status (including cognitive, communicative, and developmental skills as appropriate).
- Seeks and evaluates information acquired from other members of interdisciplinary team: patient, family, physician, non-nursing disciplines, support staff, and others.
- Uses assessment information and critical thinking skills to collaboratively develop individualized plan of care.
- Actively seeks patient, family, team, and physician involvement to develop plan of care including needed education.
- Collaboratively plans and prepares patients for further support needs once the current episode of care outcomes are met (i.e., teaching, referrals, and follow-up).
- Directs the interdisciplinary care team via delegation, coordination, and collaboration as appropriate.
- Provides or delegates care consistent with plan of care, guidelines of care, and professional licensure provisions.
- Demonstrates the ability to set priorities and to coordinate and organize patient care delivery through effectively managing time, supplies, and resources.
- Evaluates patient response to interventions through review of achievement of goals, clinical outcomes, patient and family satisfaction.
- Revises plan of care as indicated and reassesses changes as appropriate.
- Promotes nursing profession and participates in development of others.
- Integrates legal and ethical standards into practice: complies with regulatory standards, practices within scope of licensure, provides accurate & timely documentation, and understands legal implications of care delivery.
- Provides clinical expertise in the specialty area and is a pathfinder in the identification and development of quality patient care delivery.
- Coordinates and implements Clinical Program initiatives and processes and monitors outcomes.
- Develops and implements department or specialty care area projects or programs as identified.
- Coordinates policy development with corporate-wide initiatives. Ensures and initiates standardization and development of department protocols, policies, and procedures for patient care delivery.
Consultation / Liaison:
- Serves as a department or specialty care area representative on committees or task forces relating to area of expertise.
- Serves as a consultant and liaison to healthcare team members, patients, families & community.
- Acts as a resource, consultant, and mentor to staff and Education Consultant within department or specialty care area.
- Performs needs assessment of staff working with specialty patients. Coordinates with Education Consultant to facilitate the development and implementation of in-services related to this patient population.
- Utilizes current research to improve nursing practice and to guide the development of standards for nursing care of specialty patients.
- Maintains a global perspective of the changing health care environment, at the unit, hospital, local, and national level.
- Entry Rate: depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: full time, 36 hours a week (working four days a week with day off to be determined)
- Department: Maternal Fetal Medicine - Intermoutnain Medical Center
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN). Education must be obtained from an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
- Current RN License in state of practice.
- BLS Certification for healthcare providers.
- Unit specific certification as required (i.e., ACLS, PALS, etc.).
- Two years of clinical nursing experience.
- Experience in assigned clinical area.
- Leadership and mentoring experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- RN work experience in Women's Health
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 36
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Job Type Full Time