Intermountain Healthcare Speech Pathologist-Per Diem - Acute, Intermountain Medical Center in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
On an as-needed basis, this position is responsible for screening, testing, evaluating, diagnosing and treating disorders of speech, language, cognitive communication, voice, and swallowing. In addition, there is also responsibility for consulting, educating and training patients and their caregivers.
This Speech Pathologist will join our acute care team at Intermountain Medical Center. The SLP will be trained in and provide care on various units throughout the hospital, including but not limited to ICU, orthopedics, general medicine, neuro shock trauma, among others.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides clinical services, utilizing standards of care and evidence based practices, with appropriate goals, and duration and intensity of service for each patient's needs.
- Complies with department and regulatory requirements and guidelines for all types of documentation charging, and scheduling
- Supervises and educates when asked, including colleagues, new employees and students and others in training.
- Mentors student clinician externship/affiliations/ new employee(s).
- Maintains effective and appropriate communication and relationships with other professionals, patients, families and other caregivers.
- Participates in patient care conferences when appropriate, as well as staff meetings and other meetings as required or requested by supervisor.
- Per Diem Rate: $52.37
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: On call/as-needed. Hours worked will vary dependent upon patient care needs. This SLP will need to be available to pick up at least two weekend shifts per month.
- Department: Intermountain Medical Center Speech Pathology
- Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited program (degree will be verified).
- Current state Speech Pathologist license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Basic computer skills (word processing and email).
- Hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing, sitting, speaking, squatting/kneeling, standing, and walking.
- Current certificate of clinical competence in Speech Language Pathology.
- Hospital experience.
- Experience with the target population to be treated.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Job Type Per Diem