Intermountain Healthcare Care Guide, McKay-Dee Family Practice Clinic in Ogden, Utah
Greater Ogden & North Davis area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Care Guide provides operational support and transition duties for care management services for identified patients. This position works collaboratively with the care management team, patients, family caregivers, significant others, healthcare providers, payers, community-based providers, and other involved parties to provide effective, efficient, value-based, and patient-centered care management services. The Care Guide is responsible for managing identified cases, care management pre-screening, patient consultation, and transition management, to facilitate operations of the Care Management team. Care Management team services may include clinical quality measures, utilization management (UM), transition planning and social work (SW) services.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Understands, practices, and promotes the philosophy and guiding principles of Care Management. Develops relationships and collaborates with case/care management staff across the continuum to promote process integration, seamless transitions from one case/care management program to another, continuity of care, and avoid duplicative care management services/process.
- 2. Monitors pending and prioritized referrals for the CM team.
- 3. Pre-screens new cases and assigns an appropriate primary planner based on patient needs.
- 4. Collaborates with team member to improve clinical quality measures.
Responsible for patient follow-up calls to re-enforce education, self-management, and other necessary care planning actions.
- Collaborates, educates, communicates, and networks with healthcare providers across the continuum to ensure the patient's care planning needs are met.
- Advocates on behalf of patient, communicating and collaborating with healthcare providers, payers, physicians, and community-based services to assist in establishing an appropriate and integrated care for each patient.
- Promotes and supports mental health integration by collaborating with mental health/behavioral health providers.
- Responsible for designated transition management duties to ensure an effective transition of care from one healthcare setting to another. Actively participates in system and regional process improvement initiatives to improve transitions of care.
Promptly and accurately performs assigned duties to facilitate day-to-day operations and communication in relationship to care management services. Promptly escalates concerns to appropriate chain of command.
- Supports interdisciplinary care conferences, using collaborative practice models that promote interdisciplinary care planning and teamwork.
- 7. Completes timely and accurate documentation in the medical record using knowledge of documentation standards for the department to facilitate communication with team members. Documentation is done in compliance with all clinical guidelines and billing/ reimbursement standards.
- 8. Organizes and prioritizes daily work by assessing new and current patient needs in area(s) of responsibility to ensure that productivity standards are met.
- Entry Rate: $14.62 (based on experience)
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Part-time shifts, 32 hours/week.
- Department: McKay-Dee Family Practice Clinic
- 36 credit hours of college coursework,or two years of work experience in healthcare,or two years of military service experience,or two years of experience navigating a complex organizational system (e.g., college/university studies, military service, healthccare organization, federal programs).
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Strong computer skills and willingness to continuously improve them: navigating reporting platforms, managing data spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail and the internet
- Experience managing competing demands in a high-paced environment.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Two years of college healthcare related coursework.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Understanding of medical and pharmacological terminology.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 32
Primary Work Location McKay-Dee Hospital Campus
Expertise Clerical / Secretarial / Business Office Support
Job Type Part Time