HCA, Hospital Corporation of America OR Surgical Tech in Ogden, Utah
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Surgical Tech!
Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
While serving as a cornerstone amongst the northern Utah communities for the past 60 years, Ogden Regional Medical Center has created a deeply-rooted tradition of excellence and caring. The 240-bed facility provides a full spectrum of top-quality services, including a Level II trauma center, certified stroke center, cancer treatment center, alcohol and chemical dependency treatment center, and much more. Nationally recognized, Ogden Regional’s maternity care ranks in the nation’s top 5 percent, and its cardiology services include accreditation in echocardiography, atrial fibrillation, chest pain and heart failure.
Ogden Regional is part of HCA’s network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country. HCA and Ogden Regional are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and employees.
Ogden Regional sits at the heart of the mountains, with more than six ski resorts within an hour's drive. Home of the 2002 Winter Olympics, Ogden offers the lure of outdoor living and the culture of city life. Plus, with a great university down the road and many schools within driving distance, this hospital offers a central location to meet the whole family's needs.
Benefits and Compensation:
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. A few of the benefits we provide you:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Full Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Discount Program
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
Work Schedule: Rotating shifts, Call will be required
The *OR/Surgical Technician *acts as a senior surgical technician in the preparation and delivery of instruments and supplies for use during surgical procedures. Assists with patient care and related services in the Operating Room and provides proper care and maintenance of instruments. Functions as a specialist in surgical procedures. Must be a certified technician or have a minimum of 1 year surgical scrub experience and demonstrate comprehensive knowledge in this field. Must also complete yearly CEU requirements required for certification.
/We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Graduation from an accredited program for Surgical Technician (required). The level II surgical technician must maintain a minimum of 15 hours of continuing education hours annually (calendar year). These must be supervisor-approved and relevant to the surgical environment. They may be obtained via workshops or college course work. A 3-hour college undergraduate or graduate course would meet the guidelines of the required 15 contact hours. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required) EXPERIENCE:
- One year of experience as a Surgery Technician (preferred).
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: OR Surgical Tech
Location: Utah-Ogden-Ogden Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06030-49322