HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Step Down ICU RN in Ogden, Utah
The Step Down ICU RN will float to the ICU
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as an Intermediate Care Unit Registered Nurse!
Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
While serving as a cornerstone amongst the northern Utah communities for the past 60 years, Ogden Regional Medical Center has created a deeply-rooted tradition of excellence and caring. The 240-bed facility provides a full spectrum of top-quality services, including a Level II trauma center, certified stroke center, cancer treatment center, alcohol and chemical dependency treatment center, and much more. Nationally recognized, Ogden Regional’s maternity care ranks in the nation’s top 5 percent, and its cardiology services include accreditation in echocardiography, atrial fibrillation, chest pain and heart failure.
Ogden Regional is part of HCA’s network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country. HCA and Ogden Regional are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and employees.
Ogden Regional sits at the heart of the mountains, with more than six ski resorts within an hour's drive. Home of the 2002 Winter Olympics, Ogden offers the lure of outdoor living and the culture of city life. Plus, with a great university down the road and many schools within driving distance, this hospital offers a central location to meet the whole family's needs.
Benefits and Compensation:
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. A few of the benefits we provide you: * Tuition Reimbursement * Full Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance * 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure) * PTO * Employee Stock Purchase Plan * Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts * Employee Discount Program
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
The Intermediate Care Unit (IMC) is a 24 bed critical care step down unit. *
*Work Schedule FT Nights 5pm-5am, you will also have the opportunity to float to* the ICU. *
The Intermediate Care RN is responsible for processing and coordinating the flow of updated patient information and unit activity. This position deals with confidential information of a critical nature on a routine basis.
* Complete nursing assessments on individual patients by observation and interaction with patient/significant others to identify physical and psychosocial.
* Does complete and accurate patient admission assessment within the guidelines by the Patient Care Policy on Physical Assessments.
* Completes prescribed nursing interventions and procedures within state practice guidelines.
* Evaluates and documents each patient's response to medications, interventions, and procedures. Assists in formulation, coordination, and implementation of the patient's Plan of Care based on the assessment of their individual needs. * Safely and accurately administers medication and IV solutions by utilizing e-MAR scanning. Acts in accordance with their professional licensure and hospital policy. Maintains patient safety during all aspects of nursing intervention and documents safety measures in patient's medical record. * Responds appropriately to all emergencies, and follows standard precautions for all patients.
/We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
- Current licensure as an RN in the state of Utah or RN Compact license required.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS).
- NIH Stoke Scale certification required within first 6 months employment.
- Required to have graduated from an accredited Registered Nursing program.
- Hospital mandatory education for employment in Critical Care.
- 6 months clinical nursing experience or the equivalent required.
- The employee will have frequent interaction with physicians, nursing staff, other departments, patients and their families. They must have the sensitivity, maturity, and the ability to communicate with others.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Step Down ICU RN
Location: Utah-Ogden-Ogden Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06030-51573