Intermountain Healthcare Pharmacist-Clinical - American Fork Hospital in Orem, Utah
Greater Provo area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Clinical Pharmacist demonstrates consistent application of knowledge and skills to deliver appropriate, safe, efficient, effective, and cost effective pharmaceutical care in the scope of their particular assignment. This position is responsible for the care of patients as well as the development of effective, professional relationships within the multidisciplinary team.
Essential Job Duties
- Oversees and/or participates in assuring appropriate medications are prepared and delivered to care areas in a timely manner, and are stored both securely and in a manner appropriate for both stability and effective workflow.
- Supervises and mentors technicians and other pharmacy staff working in/with area of responsibility in order to maintain the accuracy and quality of pharmaceutical services.
- Provides accurate drug information to other health professionals and patients to assure safe and appropriate use of medications. Serves on committees as a resource on drugs and/or pharmacy policies as required.
- Participates in the multidisciplinary team to provide feasible therapeutic recommendations and alternatives that improve patient drug therapy. This may include drug, dosage form, dose, route, dosage interval and duration. Monitors physician orders to ensure safe, correct, and appropriate use of medications. Monitors, documents and evaluates patient response, drug effects, and adverse medication events.
- Actively participates in department cost savings initiatives. Monitors pharmaceutical inventory and formulary and exercises strict inventory control through diligent tracking of all substances. Participates in organization surveys (Joint Commission or other applicable regulatory agencies) or audit inspections.
- Maintains quality in the department through completion of quality control check logs and other quality/clinical documentation. Takes responsibility for assuring quality improvement projects are developed, implemented and completed.
- Trains and supervises new pharmacy technicians, student-interns, pharmacy students and other supportive staff as needed. Participates and supports the training programs and mentorship of students and residents.
- Is knowledgeable and compliant with State and Federal laws, regulations, pharmacy policies, procedures and standard operating procedures, formulary and pertinent Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- Provides professional, engaging customer service to all patients, and healthcare providers with whom they work.
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details:Part time position working two 8-hour weekend shifts per month, with options to pick up additional shifts when available.
- Department: InpatientPharmacy, American Fork Hospital
- Current license as a Pharmacist by state in which one practices.
- Controlled substance license.
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Current knowledge of state and federal regulations and statutes regarding the practice of pharmacy and the distribution of approved drugs, controlled substances, and investigational agents.
- Hearing/listening, manual dexterity, seeing.
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited college of pharmacy.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), or willing to obtain upon hire.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), or willing to obtain upon hire.
- Three years' experience in an institutional pharmacy environment.
- Recent hospital pharmacist experience.
- Sterile compounding experience strongly preferred.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 8
Primary Work Location American Fork Hospital
Job Type Part Time
Location US-UT-American Fork, US-UT-Orem, US-UT-Provo