Intermountain Healthcare Patient Advocate-RN - Registered Nurse- Patient Advocacy - Utah Valley Hospital in Provo, Utah
Greater Provo area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The position of Patient Advocate RN at Intermountain Healthcare will share collaborate and participate in the Patient Advocacy Function. This includes identifying and responding to clinical concerns resulting in complaints and/or Grievances that impact the patient experience. Provides support for the development of a culture of high reliability and the measurement of care, identifying opportunities and executing on strategies for performance improvement in the following area:
- Outcomes - highly reliable processes, delivering exceptional outcomes and / or optimal health
- Safety - Zero Harm to patients and caregivers driven through a culture of high reliability, continuous improvement and leadership
- Patient Experience - relationship-centered care grounded in empathy, dignity, respect and collaboration
The Office of Experience is a resource to the system and drive organizational performance that is built on relationships, a shared vision of excellence in and environment of achievement and local accountability.
Essential Job Duties
With the Office of Experience leaders and caregivers advance the work:
- Support a proactive, comprehensive strategic Experience agenda for the system that inspires caregiver engagement, inter-professional collaboration, the identification and use of evidenced based practice and management among all facilities in the system while differentiating Intermountain Healthcare as a high reliability organization nationally.
- Serve as a consultant and educator to assist clinical and administrative leaders in keeping the Experience agenda at the forefront.
- Collaborate and support the complaint and grievance process ensuring standards to review, investigate, document and follow-up on patient/family complaints is accurate and timely.
- Collaborate in education and support local Patient Advocates to help with solutions and alternatives in order to resolve conflicts.
- Track and trend complaints to identify pattern areas and provide recommendations.
- Liaison with Risk, Legal, and Patient Accounts related to billing adjustments and administrative holds.
- Continuous Improvement - Collaborates with Quality/Patient Safety on clinical process improvement needed as identified from the patient's feedback.
- Nurture a robust culture of caring through support of caregivers (well-being, joy, resilience) and attention to what matters most to our patients.
Informatics, Data and Analytics
- Support quality measurements for internal use.
- Support the optimization of the electronic health record to maximize safety, quality outcomes, clinical effectiveness and efficiency.
- Advance, with others, the use of predictive analytics and deep learning computing to improve the health, experience and quality of care of those we serve.
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PT, 16hrs/wk.
- Department: Patient Advocacy
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing - Education must be obtained through an accredited institution and will be verified.
- Current RN License in state of practice.
- Clinical Experience
- Customer/Patient Relations experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to teach and train peers and colleagues.
- Experience and demonstrated competence in solving problems and liaising between multiple stakeholders.
- Proficient in use of software such as Word and Excel in order to generate documents and data reports.
- Interact with others requiring employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information.
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, and manipulate paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Five Years Clinical Experience
- Three Years Customer/Patient Relations Experience
- Experience working in a complex health system (hospitals, ambulatory clinics, post-acute care, etc.)
- Experience in formal business letter composition and report writing.
- Experience with quality improvement and data analysis.
- Clinical Risk Management experience with successful progression
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 16
Primary Work Location Utah Valley Hospital
Job Type Part Time