Intermountain Healthcare Patient Care Tech (CNA) - Children's Surgical Unit - Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Patient Care Tech functions as a clinical support partner to assist the patient care team by performing various tasks and procedures as instructed by a licensed professional.
The Children’s Surgical Unit has 33 beds and cares for patients from 0 to 18 plus years of age. The most common reasons for admissions to the unit include appendicitis, elective surgeries such as orthopedic, urological, or plastics. These patients typically come from the operating room & are with us for 3 to 4 days as they recover from their surgery and then go home. We have the only unit outside of the CICU to care for patients with heart conditions.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Part time, 24 hours/week. Shifts may be Days, Nights, or Rotating.
- Department: Children's Surgical Unit
- Current Utah CNA Certification
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- CNA experience
- Current enrollment in nursing school.
- Inpatient CNA experience
- Basic computer skills.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 24
Primary Work Location Primary Children's Hospital
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type Part Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City