Intermountain Healthcare Per Diem RN - Pediatric Nursing Unit - Riverton Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating care of patients. The staff RN utilizes the nursing process by use of technology, therapeutic intervention, evidence-based practice, and coordination of care with other health team members.
- Entry Rate: $40.38 (flat rate due to no benefits, PTO, and scheduling)
- Benefits Eligible: NO
- Shift Details: Per Diem (various shifts including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Department: Pediatric Nursing Unit - Riverton Primary Children's Hospital
- Additional Details: RN work experience and one or more years in a hospital setting
- Current RN License in state of practice.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for healthcare providers.
- Unit specific certification as required (i.e., ACLS, PALS, etc.).
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Riverton Children's Unit experience
- Pediatric RN work experience
- iCentra experience
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Riverton Hospital
Job Type Per Diem
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City