Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office - Jail Nurse 16 in SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
Provides primary medical care, treatment and case management to prisoners of the Salt Lake County Jails.
Attendance at an approved National League for Nursing (NLN) accredited college or university; plus licensure in the State of Utah as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). Must be attending the last semester of the Registered Nurse program (a letter will be required from the college/university stating participation in the final semester of the Registered Nurse program).
Professional licensure in the State of Utah as a Registered Nurse preferred.
It is mandatory that all new hires receive the Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Acellular Pertussis) vaccine before beginning employment or provide a copy of their immunization record prior to starting employment. The immunization record must show the vaccine name and date received. Upon hire, a two-step Tuberculosis skin test will be required. The first will need to be placed prior to starting employment.
Due to the nature of this position, the successful applicant must pass a required background investigation.
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of specific duties and responsibilities will not preclude it from the position.
Applicants must be prepared to demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Assesses the physical condition of prisoners by performing physical examinations and obtaining medical histories.
- Formulates medical plan and prognosis based on patient's condition.
- Consults with physician(s) regarding patient health care plans and treatment; modifies patient treatment plans as indicated by patient's responses and condition.
- Provides medical first response to emergency situations in the Jails; initiates triage and determines priority of emergent/urgent care.
- Performs selected invasive procedures for therapeutic and/or diagnostic reasons within scope of validated competence.
- Complies with medical record policies regarding the complete and accurate documentation of patient care. Initiates and maintains required records and legal documents.
- Administers medications; observes patients to assess possible adverse medication interactions and/or side-effects and initiates appropriate health care interventions.
- Facilitates communication and reporting to on-coming shift of health care staff members to promote continuity of patient care.
- Advises patients on health maintenance and disease prevention and provides case management.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Salt Lake County
JAIL ADULT DETENTION CENTER-1003