Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office - Jail Nurse in SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
Provides primary medical care, treatment and case management to prisoners of the Salt Lake County Jails.
Attendance at an approved NLN accredited university/college in the last semester of the Registered Nurse program, plus licensure in the State of Utah as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). A letter will be required from the university/college stating participation in the final semester of the Registered Nurse program.
Professional licensure in the State of Utah as a Registered Nurse.
Due to the nature of this position, the successful applicant must pass a required background investigation.
- Assesses the physical condition of prisoners by performing physical examinations and obtaining medical histories.
- Formulates the medical plan and prognosis based on patient's condition.
- Consults with physician(s) regarding patient health care plans and treatment; modifies patient treatment plans as indicated by patient's responses and condition.
- Provides medical first response to emergency situations in the jails; initiates triage and determines priority of emergent/urgent care.
- Performs selected invasive procedures for therapeutic and/or diagnostic reasons within scope of validated competence.
- Complies with medical records policies regarding the complete and accurate documentation of patient care. Initiates and maintains required records and legal documents.
- Administers medications; observes patients to assess possible adverse medication interactions and/or side-effects and initiates appropriate health care interventions.
- Facilitates communication and reporting to on-coming shift of health care staff members to promote continuity of patient care.
- Advises patients on health maintenance and disease prevention and provides case management.
- Applies universal infection control procedures.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Salt Lake County
JAIL ADULT DETENTION CENTER-1003