Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office - Psychiatrist in SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
Administer psychiatric care, treatment, and clinical services for mentally ill prisoners.
Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Utah; Current DEA Controlled Substance License and State of Utah Controlled Substance License; must have attended an approved residency program (Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education) and board certified in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Due to the nature of this position, the successful applicant must pass a required pre-employment background check and subsequent mandatory background checks in accordance with current County Human Resources policy requirements.
· Develops and implement therapy, medication management and treatment for mentally ill patients.
· Provides psychiatric evaluation, assessment and psychotherapy.
· Analyzes and evaluate patient data and information to diagnose nature or extent of mental disorder.
· Develops and revises patient treatment plans and document patient progress.
· Acts as a resource for management and staff regarding psychiatric services and treatment being offered to patients.
· Consults with members of the multi-disciplinary treatment team to discuss treatment plans, findings, treatment recommendations and options for patients.
· Collaborates with the medical, nursing and sworn staff to address the full spectrum of patient care.
· Writes, implements and provides necessary documentation of patient's treatment; maintains records and documentation to comply with state, federal and NCCHC standards and requirements.
· Assists in the development of policies, procedures and standards for mental health services.
· Provides consultation and/or expert advice or testimony.
· Adheres to applicable laws, rules, regulations, NCCHC Standards, policies and procedures.
· Achieves the best possible outcomes for diagnosis, treatment and outside referrals for mentally ill patients.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Salt Lake County
JAIL ADULT DETENTION CENTER-1003