LifePoint Health RN Infusion - PRN in Vernal, Utah
This position is responsible for providing direct care by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care of patients in the infusion department. PRN / As Needed position.
- Prepares patient care area adequately and ensures availability of necessary equipment and supplies.
- Reviews and carries out physician orders timely and according to policy
- Exhibits proper technique for insertion, maintenance, and removal of IV catheters and saline locks.
- Checks dressings and reports abnormalities to the surgeon.
- Prepares and administers medications in accordance with current practice
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of medications utilized intra and poster operatively and recognizes the need for use of reversal drugs, when necessary.
- Assures that patient meets all discharge criteria
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Communicates, collaborates, and coordinates with team members to provide quality patient care and to ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Ensures Infection Control standards are maintained at all times.
- Attends all meetings and huddles.
Addresses staff, physician, patient, and family concerns immediately and makes director aware.
Must be a licensed RN in the State of Utah
- Current BLS, ACLS and Chemo certification required (6 months to obtain after hiring)
- At least 2 years of nursing experience preferred
Organization: *Ashley Regional Medical Center
Title: RN Infusion - PRN
Requisition ID: 7420-2143