LifePoint Health RN Surgical Services in Vernal, Utah
This position is responsible for providing direct care by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care of patients in Short Stay, OR, Recovery, and Endo. Full time positon. _Required to take call_
- Prepares patient care area adequately and ensures availability of necessary equipment and supplies.
- Reviews and carries out physician orders timely and according to policy
- Exhibits proper technique for insertion, maintenance, and removal of IV catheters and saline locks.
- Checks dressings and/or operative site and reports abnormalities to the surgeon.
- Prepares and administers medications in accordance with current practice
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of medications utilized intra and poster operatively and recognizes the need for use of reversal drugs, when necessary.
- Assures that patient meets all discharge criteria
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Communicates, collaborates, and coordinates with team members to provide quality patient care and to ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Ensures Infection Control standards are maintained at all times.
- Attends all meetings and huddles.
Addresses staff, physician, patient, and family concerns immediately and makes director aware.
Ashley Regional Medical Center is a Joint Commission accredited 39-bed hospital that is committed to serving our growing community with the highest quality services. Our hospital has been named a Top 100 Rural Hospitals in America.
Located in Vernal, Utah, known as an outdoor paradise. From Flaming Gorge Reservoir to the primitive areas of the Uinta Mountains, outdoor recreation is at your doorstep. Fishing, hunting, biking, camping, golfing, water sports, cross country skiing, white water rafting are just a few of the activities that this diverse landscape has to offer. All of this centrally located between Salt Lake and Denver.
Must be a licensed RN to work in the State of Utah
Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS certification required within 6 months
At least 2 years of nursing experience preferred
Organization: *Ashley Regional Medical Center
Title: RN Surgical Services
Requisition ID: 7420-2142