Salt Lake County Health Educator - Tobacco in WEST JORDAN, Utah
Represents the Division of Community Health Services in countywide health education, health promotion and risk reduction program.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Health Education, Health Science, Public Health, Early Childhood Education, Community Health, or Behavioral Science and Health with an emphasis in Health Education; OR an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
A valid Driver's License issued by the State of Utah and reliable means of transportation is required at the time of hire.
It is mandatory that all new hires receive the Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Acellular Pertussis) vaccine before beginning employment or provide a copy of their immunization record prior to starting employment. The immunization record must show the vaccine name and date received.
Upon hire, a two-step Tuberculosis skin test will be required. The first will need to be placed prior to starting employment.
- Develops, plans and implements health education, behavior risk reduction, and outreach programs.
- Assesses health education needs and priorities of various populations using appropriate assessment tools.
- Develops, conducts and evaluates the effectiveness of health education/health promotion programs.
- Creates marketing and educational materials; promotes events through various marketing methods.
- Acts as a resource providing provides linkages to communities.
- Policy development and/or implementation focused on population-based behavior change.
- Develops and prepares required reports and documents.
- Collaborates with internal and community agencies to accomplish stated objectives.
- Acts as a representative of the agency and program.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Salt Lake County
SOUTH REDWOOD CLINIC-1134